How to Get Your Guests Dancing at Your Wedding
Are you worried that your guests aren’t going to dance and your reception won’t be the big party you’re looking for? Here are a few tips on how to ensure your guests will be dancing at your wedding:
- Choose the right music! The key to getting people to dance is playing the music that they know and can easily dance to. This means selecting a mix of popular songs that appeal to a wide range of ages and musical tastes. Consider hiring a professional DJ who can help you curate the perfect playlist for your reception. A DJ or a band will also add a little personality to your reception entertainment!
- Create a welcoming atmosphere! To encourage guests to dance at your wedding, you’ll need to create a welcoming atmosphere on the dance floor. This means providing plenty of space for people to move around and making sure the lighting is inviting! Consider adding some fun dance floor props, such as glow sticks, fun sunglasses, or inflatable beach balls to get people in the partying mood.
- Encourage guests to hit the dance floor! Even if you have the perfect music and atmosphere, some guests may still be hesitant to hit the dance floor. To encourage them to join in, you can consider having a “dance off” or an anniversary dance. Or simply ask your DJ to make a few announcements throughout the night encouraging people to get up and dance!
- Join in the fun yourself! As the host of the wedding, you can set a great example by hitting the dance floor yourself and showing guests that it’s okay to let loose and have fun! Not only will this help get people in the mood to dance, but it will also create some great memories and photos of you and your guests having a great time.
- Get creative! Start a conga line or a dance tunnel, and maybe bring a limbo stick or glow sticks for guests to play with on the dance floor. Playing games on the dance floor is a great way to get everyone on their feet.
These tips should help make sure that your wedding reception is a fun and memorable party for all of your guests. Whether you’re a dance floor novice or an experienced pro, there’s no better way to celebrate your special day than by getting up and dancing with your loved ones!